Friday, January 8, 2010

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Here it is, a new trip, a new blog, an old woman, a new travel towel.

I am weary and cynical. It is time to leave.

What I anticipate will happen on this trip:

My hair will grow longer.

I will need to trim my finger and toe nails.

I will feel lost and alone.

I will feel at home and alive.

I will stand next to a tree wider than my house.

I will wake up stiff.

I will abandon my winter boots.

I will put my hands in the earth with intention.

I will play with dogs. I will want to own one (even more).

I will miss you because no one else I meet will be quite like you.
I will miss you because someone I meet will be just like you.

I hope you will join me on my journey. It is not because mine is more interesting than yours, it is just that you are not writing about yours right now. If you are, tell me, and I will follow you too.

Love Natalie



No comments:

Post a Comment