Saturday, February 27, 2010

The end of the coast

I travel south down the coast, on a train for (what I think may be) the very first time. I watch the waves and the changing colour of the sky pass me by, moving in and out of sleep. I type streams of consciousness poetry on my laptop because I have misplaced my pen for my journal. I close my eyes and simply type, and wonder what the train attendant must think of me.

What I have done on my journey:


Made a fort.
Eaten a lot of doughnuts.
Been naked in public.
Been naked in hot springs.
Written in the journal of a bed and breakfast.
Slept a lot.
Hot tubbed a lot.
Laughed a lot.
Loved.
Listened.
Learned.

What I have not done:

Climbed a mountain.
Found chantrelle mushrooms.
Seen the golden gate bridge.
Slept in the nest.
Read an entire book.
Made an entire song.
Stayed up all night.
flown a kite.

Of all the things I did not do, I realized that all of those things fade away when I am presented with the opportunity to simply love and be loved by others. I would rather laugh through the night in a small crammed damp room with a bottle of wine and a beautiful person laughing right beside me than admire the landscape or go off on a hike on my own. It is just my nature. I will never find anything as beautiful or absorbing as other human beings. It is not ultimately the place that concerns me, but the people that are contained within that space. Adventuring through someone's heart, mind and spirit is the ultimate journey for me, and I have been blessed on this trip to be able to take that journey several times, with very special, life changing people.

Thank you to all who allowed me to share this time with them, who loved me and supported me and made this little trip a very meaningful, (not to mention delightful) time!

Love as always,

Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment